Friday, April 30, 2010

Fall Vacation

In October, we took at long trip to the Creation Museum in Ohio with many planned (and unplanned) stops along the way.  


One of our first stops was Camp Wildcat, a Civil War battlefield.   
We hiked a mile on a trail in the woods.  
Here are a few of the things we did...


Kentucky's first battle of the Civil War.

In the hospital...


In the trenches...

In the fight...

Next we headed to Dayton, Ohio!  Why?  To see our amazing friends, the Ross family!  We've been many places with the Rosses, but as for now we are stationed in different places.  It was wonderful to see our friends again.  It's always amazing to see how the kids, who haven't seen each other in 1.5 years, pick up and play as if they saw each other yesterday.  Thanks for letting us stay with you guys, Carrie and Steve.  We loved every minute of it!!

Sliding down the super fast slide!

The challenge was to keep this thing from spinning.  I think it was impossible!

Simon and Connor on the gator!

Trevor gets a turn.

Emma, Caleb and Mr. Ross

Sweet Hana

A certain someone refused to go to sleep one night.  
FINALLY he fell asleep...his own way!

We went to the Air Force Museum with the Rosses one day.  It was spectacular!  I don't know how, but I have no pictures.  Certainly, I took some?  I guess they are lost somewhere.  If I find them, I'll be sure to update.  Trust me, the airplanes were awesome! 


If you are ever near Cincinnati,  you must make a visit to the Creation Museum!

Be prepared to experience history 
in a completely unprecedented way.
The state-of-the-art 70,000 square foot museum brings the pages of the Bible to life, casting its characters and animals in dynamic form and placing them in familiar settings. Adam and Eve live in the Garden of Eden. Children play and dinosaurs roam near Eden’s Rivers. The serpent coils cunningly in the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Majestic murals, great masterpieces brimming with pulsating colors and details, provide a backdrop for many of the settings.






 










Okay...so obviously we took many more pictures of the dinosaurs, but I promise walking through creation and the days of the Bible were awesome!!


Our journey continued as we visited family in Louisville for a few days and a night in Atlanta. I'll put those pictures in the next post.  

1 comment:

emily said...

the creation museum is one of those places i definitely want to take the kids to someday. so glad y'all had fun!!