Thursday, April 24, 2008

Geocaching

The kids and I decided to try out geocaching this week. I only know a little bit about it from looking it up online. I saw there was one cach hidden in a park that is on our biking route. So, we hopped on the bikes and headed for the park. After looking for it forever, we decided to give up. Amazingly we found it on the way out of the park! It was a super-small box hidden completely under a small stump. A day later we went on a different hunt in a near-by park. This cach was designed for kids. It was tons of fun until I miscounted the spots on a turtle's shell and we were stumped for two days. Finally we went back to the turtle and concluded the KIDS (yes the 4 and 7 year old) were better counters than the mom! Once we plugged in the coordinates correctly we found the box with no trouble. The kids and I had a lot of fun doing this! I think I need more lessons in the proper way of using the GPS though. The pilot around here tries to explain it to me, but I haven't been able to understand all the lingo just yet.

Below is a picture of what Connor thought of our first geocaching outing...apparently swinging in the baby swing, being held, and trying to steal the GPS out of our hands wore the little guy out!








No comments: